OptiMate 2 Battery Charger
|Our Price: £44.99(Inc. 20% VAT)(£37.49 Exc. VAT)|
In stock, immediate despatch
Part Number: OPTIMATE2
Optimate 2 Fully Automatic Battery Charger
OptiMate 2 can remain connected to the battery indefinitely the battery will remain cool and safe. And optimally charged Of course.
- Suitable for charging batteries up to 38Ah capacity
- Suitable for maintaining batteries up to 96Ah capacity.
- Comes complete with crocodile clips and eyelet leads.
- Comes with a 3 year warranty
How it works
- 1. Safety check: OptiMate 2 must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 2V) to activate its output.
- 2. Bulk charge: a constant current of 08A efficiently brings the battery up to 143V.
- 3. Charge verification: immediately follows bulk charge mode during which the batterys ability to accept a charge and there-after its charged status is verified. A battery in poor health unable to hold a charge is indicated by the yellow charge LED alternating with the the green maintain LED every 3 seconds. For a battery that appears healthy the voltage is limited at 136V for 30 minutes while the circuit monitors the actual voltage and the current absorbed by the battery during which the green maintain LED remains on. If during the 30 minutes the automatic circuit senses the battery requires further charging the program reverts to bulk charge in-frequently until a full charge is achieved.
- 4. Maintenance charge & rest cycle: consists of 30 minute float charge periods followed by and alternating with a 30 minute ‘rest’ periods during which there is no charge current. This “50% duty cycle” prevents loss of electrolyte in sealed batteries and minimizes gradual loss of water from the electrolyte in batteries with filler caps and thereby contributes significantly to optimizing the service life of irregularly or seasonally used batteries.
During the 30 minute charge period the circuit offers current to the battery within a safe 13.6V voltage limit (“float charge”) allowing it to draw whatever small current is necessary to sustain it at (or close to) full charge and compensate for any small electrical loads imposed by connected circuitry or the natural gradual self-discharge of the battery itself.
During the 30 minute rest period the battery voltage is monitored. For a good battery the green maintain LED should remain on. The program will return to bulk charge if the battery voltage cannot remain above the test level during the rest period.
- 5. Interactive standby - A load that causes the battery voltage to suddenly reduce will return the program to Bulk charge mode. After the battery has been recharged the program returns to the Maintenance charge & rest cycle.
There are no downloads for this product
All prices include free mainland UK delivery - other than certain remote areas that may attract a delivery surcharge.
All Royal Mail deliveries are sent by first class post and are free to all UK postcodes.
Most UPS deliveries are free however remote areas may have a delivery surcharge; these are generally the Scottish Highlands and Islands, most off shore islands and a few other remote or inaccessible parts of the UK.
Certain products are unavailable for post/courier delivery due to restrictions on shipping hazardous substances; these will be available for collection only or in most instances can be shipped via specialist courier or pallet service at an additional charge.
If you have any delivery problems, require technical assistance or would simply like to speak to a human being then please call us.
For further delivery information click here
There are currently no FAQs for this product; if you have any questions please contact us
Customers who bought this item also bought: