CTEK MXS 5.0 12V BATTERY CHARGER FOR MOTORCYCLE AND CAR BATTERIES
Fully Automated CTEK 12V 5.0A battery charger and maintenance system with temperature compensation
- CTEK - The Smartest Battery Chargers in The World
- Sophisticated battery and charger and maintainer
- Suitable for all types of 12V automotive battery
- Ideal for seasonal use vehicles
- Five year manufacturer's warranty
The MXS 5.0 comes with automatic temperature compensation for the best charging performance, even in extreme conditions.
The MXS 5.0 is an advanced microprocessor controlled battery charger which gives unrivalled performance for lead acid batteries from 1.2-110Ah. It comes with automatic temperature compensation built in which ensures the best charging performance, even in the most extreme conditions.
The MXS 5.0 also includes battery diagnosis to establish whether your battery can receive and retain a charge, patented automatic desulphation program, an AGM option which maximises the performance life of most Stop/Start batteries and a special Recond mode for reconditioning deeply discharged batteries. The MXS 5.0 uses CTEK’s patented float/pulse system, which is the most efficient maintenance mode when a battery is connected for long periods.
- Sophisticated 8 step "Connect & Forget" 12V battery charger and maintainer
- Charges all types of battery - wet, maintenance free, gel, AGM etc
- Temperature compensaion for improved cold weather performance
- Suitable to charge and maintain batteries from 1.2Ah-110Ah
- Rainproof/splashproof design IP65, suitable for outdoor use
- Mounting holes for wall mounting in your garage or workshop
- Includes eyelet connector lead and clamp connector lead
Four charging modes
- Motorcycle; Low current charging (0.8A) suitable for all 12v motorcycle batteries up to 30Ah.
- Car; Standard charging (4.0A) suitable for all 12v car LCV HGV etc batteries from 30Ah to 120Ah.
- AGM; Specialist charging for AGM batteries.
- Recond; Recovery mode suitable for deeply discharged vented batteries
8 Step Fully Automated Charge & Maintenance Cycle
- Desulphation; uses pulses to restore sulphated batteries
- Soft start; Starting mode for charging cycle. To prepare the battery for bulk charging.
- Bulk; Main charge until 80% of the charge is complete. Carried out at a constant current.
- Absorption; Final part of the charge up to 100%. Carried out at a constant voltage.
- Analysis; Checks the self-discharge rate.
- Recond; This step is only used to restore deeply discharged batteries.
- Maintenance charge – Float; Carried out at a constant voltage.
- Maintenance charge – Pulse; uses pulses when necessary to keep the battery charge at the correct level.