OptiMate 4 Dual Program, the ultimate all-in-one tool for 12V battery care at home
With New Improved SAE Connection!!
DUAL PROGRAM that diagnoses, recovers, charges, tests and optimally maintains,
automatically. Charge the battery direct or select the program to charge via the
12V port on your CAN-bus equipped bike. With automatic KEY-LESS activation
OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM will charge and maintain your battery automatically until it
is disconnected. OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM includes Low voltage PULSE recovery for
even more effective recovery of badly neglected, sulphated batteries; a user friendly
battery test at connection; a slick weatherproof enclosure with built-in mounting lugs
and improved energy efficiency. Extending battery life by up to 400%, OptiMate 4
DUAL PROGRAM will maintain your battery safe and ready-to-go for months on end.
How it works
The Can-Bus compatible program setting on the OptiMate 4D has been found to be not suitable for use with BMW K 1600 GT and 1600 GTL models. Owners should not connect the charger to the on-board accessory socket via the SAE-73 adapter. They should instead have to connect the charger directly to the battery using the OptiMate eyelet lead which is supplied with the charger.
- 1. Switch between STANDARD or CAN-BUS program with a simple 5 step procedure: connect clamps together, connect to mains,
wait for the LEDís to confi rm program change, disconnect clamps. You can switch programs as many times as you want. LED
indication confi rms the CAN-BUS program is active.
- 2. Safety check: OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM will proceed to charge if the battery voltage can maintain above 2V during the initial
start up diagnosis, even if the battery was at 0,5V before connection.
- 3. Functionality: OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM microprocessor checks the system for correct operation (LEDs flash briefly to confirm).
- 4. Pre-qualification test: OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM indicates the battery condition prior to charging.
- 5. Desulphation and recovery: STANDARD (up to 16V) engages automatically to recover neglected, fl at batteries from a sulphated to
a chargeable state. For badly neglected batteries TURBO stage (max 22V) engages if vehicle electronics is not detected / battery is
out of the vehicle. Turbo stage is disabled with CAN-bus program selection. The safe low voltage PULSE recovery engages for the
fi nal 15 minutes.
- 6. Bulk charge: a constant current of 0,8A is delivered until the voltage reaches 14.3V.
- 7. Absorption and equalisation: Current is delivered in pulses to bring the battery to full charge in the shortest possible time.
- 8. Charge verification and short circuit / dead cell check: Charge acceptance is monitored, to detect internal damage and prevent
unnecessary charging of an unrecoverable battery that cannot be recovered. An undamaged battery requiring further charging will
revert to pulsed absorption.
- 9. Voltage retention test: is conducted for 30 minutes during which no charge current is delivered, with 5 possible test results
indicating the battery's general state of health. The pre-qualification test can be used to detect batteries that may hold a charge
initially, but lose charge overnight.
- 10.Charge maintenance: a voltage of 13,6V is delivered for 30 minutes following each voltage retention test, with charge current up
to the maximum available to sustain it against natural self-discharge or current drain from permanently active vehicle components
(LCD display, computer control) or connected accessories (alarm, immobiliser). The voltage retention test and charge maintenance
periods continue alternating half-hourly until the battery is disconnected. The test result is updated during each subsequent test.
- CAN-bus program: the KEY-LESS activation program guarantees automatic re-opening of the connection even with the ignition
not turned on.
The alternating test and charge maintenance program is designed to provide the recommend maintenance voltage for AGM / GEL
batteries whilst reducing the average voltage as required by STD fi ller cap